Members shall be classified in one or five categories, namely: Artist Member, Life Member, Honorary Member, Associate Member and Adjunct Member. Definitions are:
1. Artist Member: A women who has met all qualifications as stated in Article II, Section 1, and whose annual dues are paid up to date. This Artist Member may apply for exhibition in all shows. The Artist Member shall have all voting rights, privileges and benefits of membership in the Corporation.
2. Life Member: An Artist Member may become a Life Member by paying a lump sum, designated by the Board, in a lump sum. A Life Member may apply for exhibition in all the shows.
3. Honorary Member: Past Presidents who have served two or more years shall be Honorary Members and shall maintain all voting rights and privileges without the payment of any further dues. Honorary Members may apply for all shows.
4. Associate Member: Any woman member of the general public who is interested in supporting the aims of WITVA is an Associate Member. This Associate Member may only apply for exhibitions in large, open juried shows as determined by the Board.
5. Adjunct Member: Friends and family members, male or female, may become an Adjunct Member as a supporter. This Adjunct Member may participate in general meetings, educational seminars and lectures, artist circles and other events as deemed appropriate by the Board. The Adjunct Member does not have voting privileges and is not eligible to hold office.
APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP CAN BE DOWNLOADED BELOW
Meetings accompanied by Art Demonstrations/Education are usually held during the months of September thru June.* Meetings are open to the public and are held at the Boca Raton Community Center located at 150 Crawford Blvd. in Boca. Scroll down to the calendar below for dates.
*Meetings have been temporarily suspended due to the COVID-19 virus. Special meetings and events may be held via Zoom.
If you have not been juried, you may send us your application for critique. Please see instructions to prepare, below. A critique of your artwork will help you identify your eligibility for participation in future WITVA exhibits, and will give you direction to enhance your work.
• Consistency of style/body of work
• Composition, Color, Value
• Technical Skill
* Criteria Unique to Each Discipline
** At this time of COVID-19, we will have all stages of the critique process online and our virtual platform.
Send the following to email@example.com
• An artist statement and/or resume explaining you as an artist and your art experiences.
• JPEG images of four pieces of your work with titles, medium and dimensions. Identify your favorite piece.
* We will make slides of your work for virtual viewing.
Send a check for $20.00 to made to Women In The Visual Arts, Inc. to
WITVA, Inc. for Critique
6785 Southport Drive
Boynton Beach, Florida 33472
Last meeting before September
Lighthouse Art Center
Applications must ARRIVE at the Lighthouse Center no later than AUGUST 9, 2021
Lighthouse Art Center